Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Brain flip-flop to pharma trip-hop

Ahhhh the sanity/pharma dilemma.

Do I beat back depression with Zyprexa and suffer nightmares and gain weight I don't want?

Do I suffer the desertification of my mouth from Lithium to keep my moods in check?

Do I beat resist being the living dead (i.e. insomniac from hell) with the zombiefication of Ambien?

Stay tuned for my next post later this week on the side effects game and what can be done about it.

In the meantime it's load up on the Omega-3, Vit Bs and Vit Ds.

If anyone can send me feedback on Biotene I'm really interested to hear what your experience has been.

1 comment:

  1. Do I suffer the desertification of my mouth from Lithium to keep my moods in check?
    Good question, however I don't believe any scientific studies have been done on this conserns. Tests on thyroid and kidneys need to be run before a person starts taking lithium, and serum levels need to be monitored, as lithium toxicity can be very dangerous. Early signs of lithium toxicity include diarrhea, vomiting, drowsiness, muscular weakness, and lack of coordination. So these are conserns to be aware of by your pdoc and your self. From a positive stand point, your moods can be stabilized with monitoring serum lithium blood levels and you surely don't want to use desertification of the mouth,kidney or thyroid as an excuse to discontinue your bipolar treatment for mood stabilization.

    ReplyDelete